Students applying for admission must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- All applicants must be at least 16 years of age and have a high school diploma, GED, or its equivalent as required by the State of Florida. If a transcript is not available, that student will be required to take and pass a GED test at an official testing center prior to enrollment. State-issued Identification or Driver’s License and a Social Security Card. Applicants with a foreign high school diploma that wish to enroll must have it evaluated for its United States equivalency and must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
- Complete an Application for Admissions.
- All applicants must schedule an interview with an Admissions Representative in order to discuss their application. All minors shall be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- The Spot Barber Academy will accept by exception applicants who do not have a high school diploma or its recognized United States equivalent into the Eligible Career Pathways Program as defined in section 484 (d) (2) of the HEA. These applicants must dually enroll in a secondary education program while attending The Spot Barber Academy. These students are required to obtain their high school diploma or GED prior to graduating from The Spot Barber Academy.
- For Active Duty Military and Veterans applicants, the DD Form 214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from active duty may serve as verification of high school graduation if indicated in same.